International best practice resources for learner success
He rauemi a-ao hei whakatauira i te angitu mō te ākonga
Inform your learner success approach with these international best practice resources and case studies.
Whakamahia ēnei rauemi ā-ao me ngā take wānanga hei taonga whakaaro kia angitu ai ngā ākonga.
The Tertiary Education Commission’s Learner Success Framework draws on the best evidence and practice from around the world.
- Learner Success Framework diagram (PDF, 760 KB) – an approach TEOs can use and adapt to embed new processes into their business to become more learner-focused.
We will continue to add content to this page as more material is identified.
Achieving the Dream (ATD)
Achieving the Dream (ATD) is a US-based network of over 300 community colleges with the mission to help more community college students succeed. ATD champions evidence-based changes such as long-term, sustainable commitments to improving learner success.
- Achieving the Dream website – information about Achieving the Dream
The annual DREAM Convening is ATD’s flagship conference. It attracts influential leaders and practitioners from more than 300 colleges and organisations who exchange ideas about evidence-based reform strategies that transform higher education and impact learner success. In 2021, the event moved online.
Achieving the Dream offers resources to support learner success.
- Knowing Our Students: Understanding & Designing for Success – practical strategies for working with students
- Caring for Students Playbook – Achieving the Dream
- Webinar Series: Equity in Design for Holistic Student Supports (HSS):
These case studies focus on colleges that received Achieving the Dream’s Leah Meyer Austin Award. The award recognises institutional strength, aligned policies and procedures, a student-focused culture, increases in learner outcomes and reduction of equity gaps. It is the highest honour awarded to colleges in ATD’s National Network.
- 2022 Leah Meyer Austin Award – Tallahassee Community College
- 2021 Leah Meyer Austin Award – Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- 2020 Leah Meyer Austin Award - Lorain County Community College
- 2020 Leah Meyer Austin Award – Alamo Colleges District