Information for students on the closure of Wellpark College of Natural Therapies

Information for students on the closure of Wellpark College of Natural Therapies

Last updated 2 August 2023
Last updated 2 August 2023

This page provides information for students on the closure of Wellpark College of Natural Therapies Limited.

Private training establishment (PTE) Wellpark College of Natural Therapies Limited (Wellpark) has confirmed with the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) that it has been placed into voluntary insolvency and has stopped delivery of all programmes.

The closure will affect about 60 New Zealand-based students. Wellpark will support these students to transition to other providers.

Fees Free implications

Students who are studying under the Fees Free scheme will not be disadvantaged. The TEC will work with Wellpark and other alternative providers to ensure Fees Free entitlements will not be affected if studies continue with another provider.

We expect all learners to be able to transfer to a suitable alternative provider, but if you are concerned about the suitability of alternative study options, please contact us on 0800 601 301 or

Student support – StudyLink

You will continue to receive any weekly support you are entitled to if you transfer to another provider to complete your studies.

Once you have decided on a new provider, contact StudyLink on 0800 88 99 00 (Monday to Friday, 7.00am to 6.00pm) to have your study information updated. StudyLink will confirm these details with your new provider.

Further information

For more information, contact TEC on 0800 601 301 or

FAQs for students

I’m receiving Student Allowance or Student Loan living costs payments – what happens to those now?

For students who were planning to study in semester two, you will remain entitled to receive any living costs or Student Allowance payable for the week beginning 10 July 2023. StudyLink will be calling affected students to discuss financial support options. Alternatively, students can contact StudyLink and arrange a time to discuss options. See Contact us – StudyLink.

Students wishing to transfer to a new provider should contact StudyLink, which can assist them in transferring any existing Student Loan and/or Student Allowance application to the new study.

Where can I complete my Bachelor of Naturopathic and Herbal Medicine?

The TEC and New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) have identified The South Pacific College of Natural Medicine (South Pacific College) as an alternative training provider where you can complete your study.

Please note that South Pacific College Bachelor of Natural Medicine programme is not the exact same programme delivered by Wellpark. Some of the content will be different and South Pacific College encourages learners to discuss this with them by emailing

Where can I complete my New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage?

The TEC and NZQA have identified Bay of Plenty College of Homeopathy Limited (Trading as: College of Natural Health and Homeopathy) as an alternative training provider where you can complete your study.

Students are encouraged to contact the College of Natural Health and Homeopathy directly on 0800 264 478 or email to discuss details on how you can transfer your studies

Do I have to go to one of these other training providers?

It is up to you to decide what you want to do next.

If you find an alternative provider offering a similar qualification to the one you were studying at Wellpark, you may make your own arrangements to study there instead. If you do wish to approach another training provider yourself, you should seek advice from StudyLink on how this may affect your fees and financial support. For other information please contact TEC at 0800 601 301 to discuss your options.

If you don’t want to continue studying, you can seek a refund of any money remaining in your trust account and this will be refunded either to your student loan (if you have one), or directly to you.

Will the training I’ve already done be recognised?

Any results you were given by Wellpark for your programme are valid.

We understand that some students have assessments from the previous semester that have not been marked. We are working with Wellpark to see if your assessments can be marked. However, if this is not possible you may need to go through a Recognition of Prior Learning process with your new provider. This would mean some of your learning from Wellpark may be recognised towards the qualification offered by your new provider. Recognition of Prior Learning is at the discretion of your new education provider.

I have paid fees to Wellpark – what happens to those now?

Wellpark is required to refund the fees for any parts of your course that you haven’t yet completed. You won’t receive a refund for the parts of your course that you have already finished.

If you paid fees using a Student Loan, any refunded fees for the study you have not yet started or completed will be paid back to StudyLink to reduce the amount of your loan. If you paid the fees without a Student Loan, the fees for the non-taught parts will be refunded to you.

Public Trust will provide a form for you to confirm whether you would like to:

  • transfer your fees to a new provider to continue your studies, or
  • refund the money to your student loan (if you have one), or back to you.

If you have any questions about your refund entitlements, you can contact Public Trust at

I’m a Fees Free student – what will happen to me?

If you are eligible for Fees Free study, you won’t be disadvantaged. Once the TEC and NZQA have identified an alternative study option for you, and if you complete your studies through these providers, we will make sure your Fees Free entitlement follows you.

If you choose not to continue studying or to study through a different alternative provider, please contact the TEC about your Fees Free entitlement on 0800 601 301 or


Question topic

Who to contact

Contact details

Alternative study options



0800 601 301

Financial support from StudyLink

Ministry of Social Development StudyLink, or Work and Income

StudyLink: 0800 88 99 00
Work and Income: 0800 559 009
Please have your client number handy.

Fees Free


0800 601 301

Refund of fees

Public Trust