Investment Approach – Sector Reference Group
This page provides information on the Sector Reference Group (SRG) set up for the Investment Approach, membership of the group and its activities.
The SRG's purpose is to provide early feedback and advice to the TEC on proposed Investment Approach initiatives.
This will help the TEC to:
The role of the SRG is to help make engagement with the sector more valuable and meaningful.
See who is a member of the Sector Reference Group (PDF, 70 Kb).
Sector Reference Group meetings
24 February 2016
The main items for discussion at the 24 February meeting were:
- communicating the TEC’s major longer-term pieces of work for the Investment Approach in 2016–2018
- the new business information products the TEC is developing
- the TEC’s initial thinking on developing an ROI approach and methodology.
The group provided valuable feedback on these. Members were supportive of and enthusiastic about the information tools. They were cautiously supportive of our goals and initial thinking around the ROI, but raised a number of issues and questions for us to consider and address.
We will provide information about our major longer-term pieces of work soon.
We will be talking to the sector about our work on developing an ROI approach and methodology in the coming months.
25 November 2015
The TEC held the first Sector Reference Group meeting on 25 November 2015.
The main item for the meeting was a presentation of the key issues and areas of work that the TEC is considering for the longer-term Investment Approach, to get the group up to speed and start some discussion. The group brought up many important ideas and questions, including how to:
- focus on social, cultural and economic outcomes from tertiary education
- create a system that enables providers to be innovative and take risks, as well as providing predictability
- link effectively between the compulsory system, the tertiary system, and employment
- ensure quality and excellence of teaching and learning
- measure the ‘value-add’ of tertiary education.
Want to know more?
There are a number of ways you can find out more information:
14 March 2016
14 March 2016