6 June 2012
Education performance information is now available on Workspaces. The new information updates the ‘analyse my performance’ section and includes an updated data accuracy report in the ‘view my documents’ section. We encourage you to check this information against your records.
The new information is based on data from the April SDR, and any subsequent amendments made up to 31 May.
If an organisation wishes to re-submit their SDR data based on this information, they may do so. Final SDR information will be available on Workspaces 10 July 2012.
- Organisations now have four weeks to review and re-submit their data. There will be an interim update of Analyse my Performance in two weeks time.
- As well as reviewing the data, TEOs should confirm that the short trading name and TEO website address on the Educational Performance Indictors Report PDF are correct and advise the TEC if changes need to be made before these reports are published.
- Following this, we will finalise the data and place it back onto Workspaces on 10 July.
- The finalised data for 2011 will be used for the publication of performance information, performance linked funding, and investment plans.
Process for publishing performance information
- Once 2011 performance information has been finalised, we will prepare for publication.
- Shortly before the publication date in late July, we will provide organisations with an advanced copy of the summary information to be published on the TEC website. This will allow organisations to prepare their own summary information in advance of publication.
Affect of the Canterbury earthquakes on 2011 performance
We recognise some organisations’ 2011 performance information may have been affected by the earthquakes in Canterbury. We will take into account the different situations of TEOs based or working in Canterbury when looking at performance reporting, recovery of funding, and allocation of funding in 2013.
If you have been affected by the earthquakes, please contact us and we will work with you to establish evidence that your performance results have been impacted. If you have already contacted us, we are now reviewing impacts based on the April SDR data compared with previous years.
As with the information published last year, the cover page of the published reports will include contextual information; and at the organisation level, the report directs readers to the organisation’s own website. In addition, we are considering an additional page on the TEC website with contextual information regarding the impact of the Christchurch earthquakes on enrolments and potentially performance results. In cases where educational performance results have been significantly impacted, we will consider excluding specific performance indicators from the published reports.
Changes to data
The April SDR has been submitted since ‘Analyse My Performance’ was last updated so you should expect to see some changes in the performance figures.
In addition, we have made some changes to the way the data is processed following feedback from the sector.
Combining data for TEOs that have merged
Where two TEOs have merged, SDR data is now combined from the year in which the merger occurred to generate performance information for the merged organisation. This change has been required as some TEOs have continued to submit separate SDRs for a period of time after merging, and the performance measures use data across years.
There are some issues with the way data has been merged, we are working to resolve these issues and will keep you informed about when we can provide you with corrected data.
Qualification completion records submitted in error
The TEC is now able to identify qualification completion records which the Ministry of Education have manually removed from the SDR database as a result of a TEOs request. These records have now been removed from any performance indicator which includes qualification completions.
Student age is now calculated consistently as the age of the student as at 1 July of the reporting year.
If you have any questions about your data, please contact the TEC Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org