26 July 2016
The 2016 August Single Data Return (SDR) for all tertiary education organisations who are required to submit an SDR is now due by 5.00pm, Friday 19 August 2016.
We have changed the due date because the earlier published due date fell in the weekend.
You can submit your full SDR between Monday 8 August and 5.00pm, Friday 19 August 2016. Please use the extraction date of 7 August 2016 to correctly extract the data from your Student Management System (SMS) for the August 2016 SDR.
Deadline for qualification and course approval requests
To ensure you are able to meet the SDR submission deadline of 5.00pm Friday 19 August 2016, you will need to submit any 2016 course, qualification, and/or delivery site change requests before 5.00pm, Friday 05 August 2016. The timely processing of these requests cannot be guaranteed if they are submitted after 5.00pm Friday 5 August 2016.
Why timely SDR submissions are needed
The accuracy and completeness of the information you provide in your SDR is important in supporting funding decisions, monitoring performance and reporting on tertiary education achievement.
Submitting your SDR on time and accurately will ensure scheduled payments will occur on time. If your SDR is submitted late, or it is inaccurate, it may result in delays to your scheduled payments.
- Your enrolment data will be used to determine payments relating to Non- Competitive SAC Level 1 and 2 under 25 fees-free and YG exceptional circumstances travel assistance funding.
- You need to provide an accurate forecast for the rest of the 2016 year.
- We strongly recommend you start trialling your file validation early so you can address any system errors.
Please ensure your sign-off procedures comply with the requirement for Chief Executives or Vice-Chancellors to sign the Summary report for August SDR.
SDR001 – Reporting of confirmed enrolments
We are close to providing you with a solution on reporting confirmed enrolments in your December SDR and we will communicate this solution to you soon. As stated in our April 2016 TEC Now, you do not need to report these learners in your August 2016 SDR in relation to TEC funding.
SDR submission information
You can access information on SDR submission at www.steo.govt.nz. The expectation regarding course/qualification change requests, SDR timeliness, accuracy and re-submissions are available on our website. You can access this information and the SDR Quick Reference Guide (Word, 736 Kb) on the SDR page of our website.
Who to contact for help
- PTEs requiring assistance should contact the TEC Sector Helpdesk on 0800 601 301 or email@example.com.
- TEIs requiring assistance should contact their TEC Investment Manager.
- For assistance accessing STEO please contact the Education Service Desk on 0800 422 599 or Service.firstname.lastname@example.org.