7 August 2015
If you receive Student Achievement Component (SAC) funding, you can now review your organisation’s 2014 performance-linked funding information on Workspace 2.
You can also view any performance-linked funding adjustments to 2015 SAC funding, as well as information and underlying data on how the part-time rates are calculated.
You have until 28 August 2015 to review your PLF calculations and part-time rates and provide us with feedback.
The following 2015 funding will be affected by PLF:
- SAC Levels 3 and above
- SAC Levels 1 and 2 (Competitive)
- SAC Levels 1 and 2 (Non-Competitive )
- SAC Levels 1 and 2 Fees Free
- MPTT – SAC trades top-up.
How we calculate 2014 PLF weighted rolling average qualification completion rates
We use a three-year weighted rolling average to calculate the qualification completion rate to smooth the impact of fluctuating enrolments.
We only use the weighted rolling average where the funding impact is lower than when calculated based on 2014 performance only. All other educational performance indicators used for PLF will be the published 2014 rates.
This year, where we have used the weighted rolling average in the PLF calculations, these are the weighting percentages:
- 20% on the published 2012 qualification completion rate
- 30% on the published 2013 qualification completion rate
- 50% on the published 2014 published qualification completion rate.
We have used different weightings if you don’t have a 2012 or 2013 qualification completion rate as follows:
- where a TEO does not have a 2012 qualification completion rate, a 25% weighting has been applied to the 2013 qualification completion rate and a 75% weighting has been applied to the 2014 qualification completion rate
- where a TEO does not have a 2012 or a 2013 qualification completion rate, a 100% weighting has been applied to the 2014 qualification completion rate.
Information on your Workspace shows both calculation methods, so you can view your results and see which calculation results in the lower impact. Please note:
- information which has previously been submitted, reviewed and finalised through the Single Data Return (SDR) cannot be changed
- these indicative calculations have been based on Plan commitments as at 30 June 2015.
- we will recalculate PLF adjustments for 2015 in early 2016, once all 2015 SAC recoveries have taken place. This recalculation will include any Plan amendments occurring after 30 June 2015. It will also include payments for SAC Levels 1 and 2 Fees Free resulting from the 2015 August and December SDR returns
- we will consider applying PLF to Canterbury-based TEOs due to the ongoing impact of the earthquakes. We will engage directly with these providers about this.
PLF timeline for 2015
|7 August 2015 ||Indicative PLF information uploaded to SAC-funded TEOs' Workspaces|
|28 August 2015 ||Final date for feedback from TEOs on their organisation's PLF information on Workspace|
|Early November 2015 ||Letters sent to SAC-funded TEOs advising finalised PLF results and funding adjustments to 2015 funding to be made in December 2015 (if applicable)|
|December 2015 ||PLF adjustments made to 2015 funding|
|Early 2016 ||PLF recalculation and adjustments take place based on 2015 actual funding and details of all 2015 funding adjustments published|
If you have any questions, contact the Sector Helpdesk on 0800 601 301 or email email@example.com
More information about Performance-linked Funding is also available on this website.