Principal Advisor Organisational Performance
30 Sep 2016
Each year the Tertiary Education Commission invests approximately $3 billion in tertiary education so that New Zealanders are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for lifelong success. Our role is to invest government funding, provide information and advice to the government and to monitor the performance of tertiary education organisations.
The Organisational Performance Team is seeking a Principal Advisor to join a small and friendly professional team. Reporting directly to the Manager, Organisational Performance, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of all activities and deliverables associated with planning and reporting, including strategic planning, performance reporting and machinery of government. The role also includes coaching and mentoring other members of the Organisational Performance team.
The role requires:
Building and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships and effective networks across and within organisation:
- an in-depth understanding of the Machinery of Government
- producing high quality reports, based on analysis and interpretation of data, in a way that is accessible to key stakeholders
- a proven business process improvement experience with demonstrated results;
- extensive experience in preparing statutory accountability documents
- excellent relationship management skills (internal and external)
- a flexible and responsive work style when confronted with changing priorities and/or the needs of the situation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter and your CV to and apply through jobs.govt.nz. If you want more information see this job description (PDF, 153 Kb).
Applications close: 12.00pm, Friday 30 September 2016.
To apply, please go to www.jobs.govt.nz and search under Tertiary Education Commission for all current vacancies